14 Phobias you won’t believe are real
14. Uranophobia -Fear of Heaven
Fear of the heaven and the skies. In jewish tradition the fear of heaven is valorised.
13. Triskaidekaphobia – Fear of the number 13
13 is considered unlucky, in some cases it is feared, in fact some cities have eliminated block number 13 and there is no 13th floor, it goes directly from 12 to 14.
12. Panophobia – Fear of Everything
Fear of literally everything, anxiety that “something bad might happen”, can be from anything.
11. Stasiphobia – Fear of standing or walking
People who suffer from this, have a fear of walking and standing, can be because of the possibility of falling.
10. Alliumphobia – Fear of Garlic
People who have it are terrified of Garlic, sight taste and smell of Garlic.
9. Porphyrophobia – Fear of Purple
Fear of Purple, people who suffer do not just hate the color but fear the sight of the color. Similar phobias are for colors yellow, green, orange and more.
8. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – Fear of long Words
The fear of long words.
7. Chronophobia – Fear of Time
Fear of time moving, deep anxiety about time. Getting the feeling that Time is moving fast and difficult to make sense of.
6. Domatophobia – Fear of Houses
Being in a house or living in a house is scary. So where do you live?
5. Scriptophobia – Fear of Writing in Public
Speaking in Public is a Phobia, but some of us also are terrified of writing in Public.
4. Somniphobia – Fear of Sleeping
Imagine the fear of falling asleep, and no one can live more than 10-15 days without sleep.
3. Spectrophobia – Fear of reflection in a mirror
Fear of own reflection in a mirror. This is a subset of more common fear of mirrors.
Fear of obtaining pleasure, any kind of pleasure is discouraged and feared from.
1. Anatidaephobia – Fear of being watched by a Duck (Winner)
Specific to Ducks, Goose and some farm birds only, if you feel that a duck is constantly watching you wherever you go, what will you do?